2022-23 Season Update
Squash BC is pleased to share that since our April 8, 2022 update regarding the Provincial Health Officer’s removal of any remaining COVID-19 restrictions on sport, there have not been any further restrictions imposed to date.
Our office remains diligent in promoting a safe and healthy Return to Squash. We are still in regular contact with viaSport and Squash Canada to ensure our community has the most up-to-date information about any potential restrictions or guidelines.
It is important to understand that members of our community may have different comfort levels, as they return to squash. We hope that all our community members will respect each other.
Should any restrictions be imposed or the COVID-19 situation worsen in our province, we will be sure to inform you of the impact on squash. If you have any questions about the impact of COVID-19 on your facility’s operations, please feel free to reach out to Squash BC Executive Director Colin Latchford at email@example.com.
Latest viaSport Guidance for Sport
Current guidance from the Office of the Public Health Officer
- All sport activities are allowed.
- Proof of vaccination is no longer required for sport activities and programs.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring proof of vaccination for entry.
- Businesses, organizations and facilities no longer need a COVID-19 safety plan. They must follow communicable disease guidance from WorkSafeBC.
- Wearing masks in public indoor settings is not required by public health. Wearing a mask is a personal choice.
- Individual businesses, facilities and event organizers can choose to continue requiring masks on their premises. It’s important that we respect these choices.
For more information on Return to Sport, including an updated restriction chart and FAQ list, visit viaSport’s Return to Sport Page.