The Squash BC Building the Future Fund was established as the vehicle for funding the ambitious goals of our Growth Initiative. With the revitalization of squash front of mind, programs and initiatives supported by this fund focus on grassroots development, coaching and officiating capacity building, facility support and advocacy, and sustainable player growth and retention.
After completing our Growth Initiative Kickstart Fundraising Phase, we have now moved into our ongoing Revenue Generation Phase. In addition to building support from individual donors, this phase targets revenue growth from other sources, like corporate sponsorships, programs, and more.
The Squash BC Growth Initiative is an ambitious undertaking with objectives that will promote the long-term sustainability of our sport, including:
- Building the financial capacity to sustain an annual investment of $200,000+ in direct player development programming
- Providing cross-province grassroots squash programs accessible to any facility and any participant
- Growing the Squash BC membership to more than double our pre-pandemic levels
- Supporting new and existing facilities across the province with tools, resources, and programs that benefit their operations and communities
Above all else, the Building the Future Fund aims to increase squash participation across the province sustainably, through effective program development and facility support. Your donation will help us achieve these goals and revitalize squash in BC.
Donations in Action: Success Stories
Despite constraints imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Squash BC Growth Initiative has already achieved success. The generous support from our Building the Future Fund donors has allowed us to launch several programs and initiatives, including:
- Squash Starters Program & Event Series
- Post-Secondary Institution Program
- Province-Wide Roving Ambassador Program
- Court Advocacy & Facility Support
- And More!
In our first year back to activity post-pandemic, our Growth Initiative programs were able to introduce more than 500 new participants to squash, with a majority living in historically underserved squash communities.
Donations to the Squash BC Building the Future Fund are processed through the BC Amateur Sport Fund, which issues charitable tax receipts to all donors. You can process your donation online through the link below, download and complete a Donation Form, or reach out to Squash BC Executive Director Colin Latchford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-737-3084 for assistance in making your contribution.