Squash BC is excited to announce that we are now accepting nominations for our Board of Directors! This is a fantastic opportunity for dedicated individuals who are passionate about the sport of squash and want to make a positive impact on the growth and development of the sport in British Columbia.
We invite you to submit your nomination for this important and rewarding role by completing the Squash BC Board Nomination Form – 2023. Completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submissions is May 10. Don’t miss this chance to join our dynamic team and help shape the future of Squash BC!
About Our Board
The Squash BC Board of Directors guides our organization towards achieving our strategic goals. Through key working relationships with our staff, volunteers, committees, and task forces, the Board is actively involved across all aspects of Squash BC. Our Board is made up of a President, a Vice President of Finance, up to six Directors-at-Large, and up to one Past Director.
For more information about our structure, take a look at our Bylaws.
A Director’s Role
A Squash BC Board Director has several key aspects of their role, all of which contribute to the success of our organization:
- Meetings: The Squash BC Board of Directors meets approximately every second month. These meetings are crucial to the strategic direction of our organization, as key decisions are made through motions. Directors play an essential role in these meetings, both through their votes and active participation in discussions.
- Portfolios: Squash BC Directors are assigned one or more portfolios that represent our key areas of operations. It is a Director’s responsibility to come into each meeting with an understanding of what has been accomplished recently in their portfolio, summarized into a report. Directors work with associated committees/task forces or key staff members to stay up-to-date on their portfolio(s).
- Advocacy & Representation: Squash BC Directors represent our organization. It is important that all Directors stay informed about what is happening in our organization and present an open door for discussions with our community at key events. Squash BC strives to have Board representation at all Provincial Championships and other key events.
To serve as a Director on Squash BC’s Board, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- Be an Individual Member;
- Be registered with a Club and Facility Member;
- Have the power under law to contract;
- Have not been convicted of an offence involving fraud in the past five years;
- Have not been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country; and
- Not have the status of an undischarged bankrupt.
While the Squash BC Board of Directors can benefit from anyone’s experience, there are several areas of expertise that would be considered assets, such as previous board experience, fundraising, finance, marketing, management, not-for-profit, communications, and event management. Additionally, Squash BC believes our Board should be representative of our community, so we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and geographic areas in BC to apply.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to make a difference in the squash community. Submit your nomination by May 10 using the Squash BC Board Nomination Form – 2023.