Squash BC is thrilled to kick off the application process for the 2024 BC Open and BC Junior Open Championships. Both events provide an excellent opportunity for clubs to showcase the amazing facilities we have across the province to athletes of all levels from across BC and Canada. If you have questions about hosting either event, please contact the Squash BC Sport Development Manager.
2024 BC Open
Host one of the premier events of the 2024-25 BC Provincial Championships Series! Last season’s event saw an incredible turnout of 175 players competing, including men’s and women’s PSA Satellite divisions. For 2024, Squash BC will be increasing the PSA sanction to at least a Level 3 event, to better attract players from across Canada and internationally.
The BC Open stands as the flagship tournament organized and executed by the Squash BC team. We take care of tournament logistics, planning, scheduling, staffing, and take on the full budget of the event. This allows the selected host club to showcase their facility without worrying about event planning, delivery, or staffing. We provide the host facility with 15% of registration fees (after tournament registration expenses) in exchange for providing:
- Access to facility, squash courts and changerooms
- Support in finding event volunteers and starting referees (if needed)
- Provide a representative for the BC Open Planning Committee to help provide facility insight, feedback, and communication
Clubs interested in hosting the 2024 BC Open can apply to host the event by completing the 2024 BC Open Host Application form by March 1, 2024.
2024 BC Junior Open
Prepare to witness the future stars of squash in action at the BC Junior Open! This prestigious junior tournament serves as a platform for showcasing the top talent of junior players from across the province and beyond. The upcoming 2024 BC Junior Open marks the event’s exciting return to the Squash Canada National Junior Circuit, which promises to draw even more top players.
For 2024, Squash BC is offering several partnership models for the BC Junior Open host facility. We want to work with our selected host to ensure the event is a success and it meets Squash BC Provincial Championship series standards. We are offering the following model options:
- Model 1: Squash BC will take care of tournament logistics, planning, scheduling, staffing, and take on the full budget of the event. This allows the selected host club to showcase their facility without worrying about event planning, delivery, or staffing. The host club will receive 15% of the tournament registration revenues (after tournament registration expenses) as a hosting fee.
- Model 2: Squash BC will manage several pre-tournament items, including logo and poster creation, tournament registration, pre-tournament communications, and seeding/draw creation. The host club will own the event budget, provide staffing for the duration of the event (including a Safe Sport Representative), and create the tournament schedule. Squash BC will receive a portion of registration revenues as part of a service package.
- Model 3: Squash BC and the host will co-own the event budget and split both pre-tournament and in-event responsibilities. This partnership option will be discussed further with the selected venues and a suitable split of revenues will be agreed upon between both parties.
For those interested in hosting either the BC Junior Open, we invite you to complete the BC Junior Open Application Form by March 1, 2024.
Event Sponsorship Opportunities
Squash BC is currently seeking corporate partners to sponsor the 2024 BC Provincial Championship Series. These events are an excellent way to showcase your brand in front of our community. We have partnership packages available at various levels of cash or in-kind contribution. To learn more about available sponsorship opportunities, reach out to Squash BC Executive Director Colin Latchford at email@example.com or visit squashbc.com/partner
We look forward to working with your company to deliver these exciting events!
Interested in Supporting BC Provincial Championship Events?
The Squash BC Provincial Championships Fund was established to help organize and deliver Squash BC’s annual Provincial Championship Series, which includes events like the BC Doubles Championships, BC Open, BC Squash Championships, BC Junior Squash Championships, and more. The Fund gives Squash BC the required support to continue organizing and growing high quality tournaments for our athletes. Check out the Provincial Championships Fund webpage for more information regarding the Fund.
Donations to the Squash BC Provincial Championships Fund are processed through the BC Amateur Sport Fund, which issues charitable tax receipts to all donors. You can process your donation online through the link below, download and complete a Donation Form, or reach out to Squash BC Executive Director Colin Latchford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-737-3084 for assistance in making your contribution.