After its resounding success last summer, the Evergreen Summer Doubles tournament was back and bigger than ever, with over 70 participants across 9 divisions!
The tournament was a blast with high-action matches, exhilarating finals, and lots of socializing throughout the weekend over delicious beer and snacks. The Saturday night party at Ed Berwick’s was also a hit, with lots of great food and fun around the hot tub – a special thank you to him for hosting!
Squash BC would like to extend a big thank you not only to Snehal for organizing this event for the second year in a row, but also to Head Pro Thomas Brinkman, Cathy Covernton, the Evergreen Squash Club and all the wonderful volunteers for their efforts in putting on another fantastic event.
Thank you as well to the amazing sponsors; Freshslice Pizza, R&B Brewing, Unsquashable and CC Squash for all their support throughout the weekend.
Here are the Top 3 placements in each division:
1) Eduardo Flores/Guillermo Cortes-Ortiz
2) Thomas Brinkman/Aaron Lakhani
Consolation Winners: Farzin Habibpour/Patrick Frost
Women’s Open (Round Robin):
1) Natasha Doucas/Emma Parke
2) Melissa Troll/Karen Levine
3) Elda Flores/Bonnie Cooney
1) Lucia Bicknell/Aaron Lakhani
2) Karen Levine/Ryan Picken
Consolation Winners: Mike Lee/Elisha Liu
Men’s A (Round Robin):
1) Mike Neilson/Mike Lee
2) Leslie Kerluke/Fungpiew Lim
3) Cole Parmar/Duncan Genge
Women’s A (Round Robin):
1) Zhelin Bu/Elisha Liu
2) Shelley Neil/Lauren Price
3) Joanne Ditommaso/Josephine Guevara
Mixed A (Round Robin):
1) KellyAnn Zander/Will Stiphout
2) Dennis Forsman/Pamela Brunswick
3) Michael Birch/Ashely Walker
50+ Doubles (Round Robin):
1) Snehal Lakhani/Leslie Kerluke
2) Dennis Forsman/Chris Staargaard
3) Mike Carrier/Bruce Pope
60+ Doubles (Round Robin):
1) Byron Kidd/Glenn Sorensen
2) Christopher Wallace/Dave Watson
3) Gordon Pybus/Charlie Maddison
1) Fungpiew Lim/Lam Uong
2) David Adams/Lynn Broman
3) Victor Tanaka/Robert Bulger
Congratulations to all the participants! For a full list of results and all the tournament draws, please visit the 2023 Evergreen Summer Doubles Club Locker Page.