Squash BC is thrilled to announce that REGISTRATION IS OPEN for the 2023 BC Squash Championships! The event will take place from April 28-30, 2023 at Global Racquets & Fitness Centre in Kelowna, BC.
You can register now on Club Locker: 2023 BC Squash Championships – Registration
The 2023 BC Squash Championships will truly be an event for everyone. Top players will compete for titles and prize money in Men’s and Women’s Open Divisions, while Masters and ratings-tiered divisions will appeal to all ages and levels of play. In addition to squash, the event will offer several supplementary activities including:
- Saturday evening ‘Player Party’ social with appetizers and drinks
- A local wine tour for players competing in women’s divisions (more details coming soon)
- Fun mini-events and games scheduled in between matches
- Draw prizes, courtside refreshments, and more!
TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Tournament Dates: April 28th to 30th, 2023
Tournament Location: Global Fitness & Racquet Centre – Kelowna
- Earlybird – $79 + GST – February 28, 2023 @ 11:30 PM
- Regular – $89 + GST – March 31, 2023 @ 11:30 PM
- Late – $99 + GST – April 16, 2023 @ 11:30 PM
Entry Fee Includes:
- Minimum of 2 Scheduled Matches
- Event Souvenir Dry-fit Shirt
- Squash BC & Sponsor Swag Bag
- Saturday Night ‘Player Party’ Social Event Ticket
- Includes 1 drink ticket & appetizers
- Note: additional food and beverage tickets will be available for purchase
- Prizes for Division Champions & Finalists
- Additional activities (with prizes)
- More to Come!
Shirt Size: Participants must register by March 31, 2023, to guarantee an event shirt with their registration.
- Men’s & Women’s Open Championships
- Prize Pool of $1,500 (Minimum) for Each Draw
- $500 Squash BC Nationals Travel Bursary for Men’s & Women’s Open Champions
- Master’s Division Draws
- Men’s: 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+
- Women’s: 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+
- Please note age division categories may be combined, depending on the number of participants in each division
- Age is based on the last day of the tournament
- Tiered Draws (A, B, C, D, E…)
- Tiered draws are open to all squash players at all levels of play. Divisions will be made based on entries using player’s Club Locker Ratings. If you currently do not have a Club Locker rating please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your skill level and current coach/club, so that we can assign you to the appropriate division.
REGISTER NOW: 2023 BC Squash Championships – Registration
GROUP TRANSPORTATION OPPORTUNITY
Squash BC is excited to announce that we are offering coach bus transportation for BC Championship participants. Leave the transportation logistics to us, and join in on the fun, as the bus ride will include draw prizes, on-board activities, and more!
Space is limited, so don’t wait to secure your spot on the Squash BC Bus!
The bus will have three pickup points for participants. Please indicate your preferred pickup point in your registration notes section:
- Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal (Intended for participants traveling from Vancouver Island)
- Central location in Vancouver (to be determined)
- Chilliwack location (to be determined)
Round trip transportation is only $120 + GST early bird (book by February 28th) or $125 + GST regular (book by March 31). Your ticket includes:
- Coach Bus Seat
- Luggage transportation
- Draw Prizes & Optional On-Board Activities
You can purchase a bus ticket while registering on Club Locker: 2023 BC Squash Championships – Registration
Please note that you can also purchase bus tickets by e-transfer (i.e. if you already completed your event registration). If intending to purchase a ticket by e-transfer, please ensure you email email@example.com first to confirm availability. A member of our team will then follow up with e-transfer instructions.
We are excited to announce the Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel and Suites as our Tournament Hotel! The hotel is offering great group rates to our participants:
- $129+Tax/Night: Double Queen Deluxe, Double Queen Hypoallergenic, or King Courtyard rooms
- $139+Tax/Night: Queen Kitchen Suites
Included in your reservation are:
- Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet
- Complimentary Wireless Internet
- Complimentary Parking
- Complimentary Airport Shuttle (Please call Hotel at least 24 hours ahead of time)
- Access to Indoor Mineral Pool & Outdoor Hot Tubs, Fitness Centre & Business Centre
You can reserve your room in our block using the following link: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.62001.html?groupId=V70BW7W0. Reservation by phone is also available by calling the hotel front desk at 250-860-1212 or toll free at 1-888-860-1212. Please ensure you reference “BC Squash Championship Tournament Block” when reserving rooms by phone.
Book now: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.62001.html?groupId=V70BW7W0
Hotel Location: 2402 Hwy 97 N, Kelowna, BC V1X 4J1
Squash BC is currently seeking corporate partners to sponsor the 2023 BC Squash Championships. We have exciting partner packages available at several levels of cash or in-kind contribution. To learn more about available sponsorship opportunities, check out the 2023 BC Squash Championships – Partnership Package or reach out to Squash BC Executive Director Colin Latchford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working with your company to deliver this exciting event!
Tournament Rules and Regulations
All participants must have an active Squash BC membership (Adult, Young Adult, or Junior) to participate in the tournament. Please Note: Players with Squash BC Recreational Memberships are not eligible to participate in sanctioned Squash BC events. Recreational Members can upgrade to Adult Memberships and receive a discount equivalent to their Recreational Membership Fees.
Out-of-Province Fees (Only valid for Tiered Draws): $10 + GST – Out-of-Province Player fee is only available to players who do not live in BC. Players travelling to Kelowna to participate in the tiered draws can register by contacting email@example.com to skip the Squash BC Membership requirement.
Participants Playing in the Open & Master’s Divisions Must Meet the Following Requirements:
A – Athletes must be members of Squash BC, AND
- must have physically resided in BC and maintained their primary address in BC for the 12 months preceding a Closed Championship, OR
- must be Canadian Citizens or have Permanent Resident status and must have a permanent address in BC.
B – If requested by Squash BC, proof of residency must be provided to Squash BC in the form of:
- A household utility bill with a BC address and the family name or guardian’s name; or
- A mortgage, lease or rental agreement for habitable dwelling listing a BC address and the family name or guardian’s name.
Draw Structure: Tournament draws will be at the discretion of Squash BC
Draw Seedings: Seeding will be based on Club Locker ratings as of April 16, 2023
Draw Placement: All draws and schedule will be created by Squash BC based on the published seeding policy:
- The top 25% of players will be placed in the draw such as they will not play each other until as late as possible in the tournament. In other words, they will be seeded in the traditional spots of a seeded bracket. Byes, when necessary, will be given to the top seeds.
- Byes, when necessary, will be given to the top seeds
- The next 25% of players will be placed at random, but only in the traditional seeding spots per a conventional bracket (i.e. In an 8 player draw, the 3rd seeded player will be placed at random, in either of the 3 or 4 spots of a traditional bracket).
- The remaining 50% of players will be placed at random in the remaining spots of the draw. Club Locker Ratings as of the entry deadline will be used to determine the seedings for the event.
Squash BC will make its best effort to avoid players from the same club from playing against each other in the first round of the tournament, while preserving the fairness of a drawn bracket.
Squash BC is working to book and bring certified referees to the tournament. If you are interested in refereeing at the 2023 BC Squash Championships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The winner of each match will be required to referee the following match on their court, unless otherwise advised by the Tournament Director or Tournament Referee.
Squash BC recommends all participants take the Squash Canada Club Referee Certification Course, but please note that this is not a requirement to participate in the tournament.
The tournament will be using the Club Locker Live Scoring feature via Squash BC tablets. A Squash BC representative will be on site to support tablet training and troubleshooting, if needed.
Tournament Director: Josh Heuving (Squash BC Program Coordinator) – email@example.com
Tournament Safe Sport Representative(s):
- Josh Heuving (Squash BC Program Coordinator) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colin Latchford (Squash BC Executive Director) – email@example.com
REGISTER NOW: 2023 BC Squash Championships – Registration