Squash BC is excited to launch our new Referee Development Program (RDP), which aims to advance referees through the Squash Canada Officials Pathway and build our referee population. Program participants will receive specialized rule education training, match day mentorship, targeted assessments, and tools and resources to support them in completing various requirements required in the certification and development process.
Squash BC has identified two major competitions that the referees will receive specialized training and development opportunities leading up to the events, with on site mentorship and assessments.
- BC Junior Squash Championships – Vancouver Racquets Club – Vancouver – April 14-16
- BC Squash Championships – Global Fitness & Racquet Kelowna – April 28-30
Travel and accommodations will be provided at no cost for selected program participants
Who Can Apply?
Players of any level of experience/play are encouraged to apply. The only requirements of the program are participants must be BC residents that have completed the Squash Canada Club Referee online module and exam prior to the first program session (Instructions are available on our Officiating Page).
Note: Parents of active junior players are more than welcome to apply, but will not be scheduled to referee matches in children’s division(s) during tournaments
Squash BC strives to have an equal number of male and female participants in the program as part of our commitment to Women in Squash.
How to Apply?
To apply, please email email@example.com by noon on March 20, 2023 indicating the following information:
- First & Last Name
- Preferred Contact Information (Email & Phone)
- City of Residence
- Current Squash Canada Referee Certification Level (if any)
- If unsure, please indicate so and we will find your profile
- Brief description of why you’re interested in joining the Squash BC Referee Development Program