Squash BC is pleased to share the latest Return to Sport Update from viaSport, which outlines the removal of the remaining restrictions on indoor and outdoor sport activities. This includes removing the requirement to show Proof of Vaccination to participate in indoor sport events, as of today (April 8).
As we have continued to do throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Squash BC will align our requirements with viaSport. This means that for Squash BC-sanctioned events, host facilities will not be required by us to check Proof of Vaccination for participants, organizers, and spectators. However, should a facility wish to continue requiring Proof of Vaccination for entry, Squash BC will support them in that decision. The safety of our players, organizers, and supporters is our top priority.
From the viaSport Return to Sport Page:
Current guidance from the Office of the Public Health Officer
- All sport activities are allowed.
- Proof of vaccination is no longer required for sport activities and programs.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring proof of vaccination for entry.
- Businesses, organizations and facilities no longer need a COVID-19 safety plan. They must follow communicable disease guidance from WorkSafeBC.
- Wearing masks in public indoor settings is not required by public health. Wearing a mask is a personal choice.
- Individual businesses, facilities and event organizers can choose to continue requiring masks on their premises. It’s important that we respect these choices.
For more information on Return to Sport, including an updated restriction chart and FAQ list, visit viaSport’s Return to Sport Page.