We’ve extended the deadline for Board of Directors Nominations to Wednesday, May 4 at 11:59 PM. Please consider submitting a nomination.
Have you considered taking a more active role in the Squash BC community? Are you interested in helping to steer the direction of our sport? Or do you know someone who would bring value to our organization? Now’s the time to submit a nomination for Squash BC’s Board of Directors!
Download our Nomination Form here: Squash BC – 2022 Board Nominations Form
Submit your completed and signed Nomination Form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nomination forms are due Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 11:59 PM. Candidates may be reviewed by our Nominations Committee on a rolling basis as they come in.
About Our Board
The Squash BC Board of Directors guides our organization towards achieving our strategic goals. Through key working relationships with our staff, volunteers, committees, and task forces, the Board is actively involved across all aspects of Squash BC. Our Board is made up of a President, a Vice President of Finance, up to six Directors-at-Large, and up to one Past Director.
For more information about our structure, take a look at our bylaws.
A Director’s Role
A Squash BC Board Director has several key aspects of their role, that all help contribute to the success of our organization:
- Meetings: The Squash BC Board of Directors meets roughly every second month. These meetings are paramount to the strategic direction of our organization, as that is where key decisions are made through motions. Directors play a key role in these meetings, both through their votes and through active participation in discussions.
- Portfolios: Squash BC Directors are assigned one or more portfolios that represent our key areas of operations. It is a Director’s responsibility to come into each meeting with an understanding of what has been accomplished recently in their portfolio, summarized into a report. Directors work with associated committees/task forces or key staff members to stay up-to-date on their portfolio(s).
- Advocacy & Representation: Squash BC Directors are a representative of our organization. It is important that all Directors stay informed about what is happening in our organization and present an open door for discussions with our community at key events. Squash BC tries to have Board representation at all Provincial Championships and other key events.
To serve as a Director on Squash BC’s Board, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- Be an Individual Member;
- Be registered with a Club and Facility Member;
- Have the power under law to contract;
- Have not been convicted of an offence involving fraud in the past five years;
- Have not been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country; and
- Not have the status of an undischarged bankrupt.
While the Squash BC Board of Directors can benefit from anyone’s experience, there are several experiences/areas of expertise that would be considered assets, such as previous board experience, fundraising, finance, marketing, management, not for profit, communications and event management. As well, Squash BC believes our Board should be representative of our community, so we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and geographic areas in BC to apply.
Squash BC is currently seeking applicants and nominees for the following Director terms:
- One Full-Term Board President (2-Year Commitment)
- One Full-Term Director-at-Large (2-Year Commitment)
- One Half-Term Director-at-Large (1-Year Commitment)
Should the Board President role be filled by a current Director, there will be an additional Director role available with a term that matches the remainder of the Director’s term who fills it (i.e. 1 or 2 years).
If you are considering nominating yourself or someone else for the Squash BC Board of Directors and wish to discuss the role further, please feel free to reach out to Executive Director Colin Latchford at email@example.com or reach out to one of our current Board Members.