Who and What is Squash BC?
Squash BC is a registered not-for-profit society, and is the provincial governing body devoted to the promotion and organization of Squash for all skill levels and age groups throughout the province of British Columbia. Squash BC believes strongly in it’s 5 core values: Excellence, Integrity, Innovation, Relationships, and Service.
Squash BC has two distinct types of membership. Individual membership for each individual person, and facility membership, which allows various facilities (clubs, rec centres, universities etc) to be a member.
2019 / 2020 Membership Dues
- Adult Membership – $44.00 + GST
- Young Adult (19-24 yrs old) – $20.00 + GST
- Junior (18 or younger) – $15.00 + GST
Benefits to Individual Member of Squash BC?
- 3rd Party Liability Insurance – ie. you hurt someone while playing in a sanctioned event and they seek damages via litigation; this insurance covers you. Also, if you are an event organizer or volunteer for a Squash BC sanctioned event, you will be covered by this policy when the event is being run.
- Supplemental Sport Accident Insurance – if you are injured while playing in or preparing for a sanctioned event, there is supplemental insurance such as dental or physio to assist with the costs. For more information on both types of insurance and how to apply for it, click here.
- Access to the Belairdirect Insurance to save on insurance costs. For more information, click here.
- Eligible to receive funding from Squash BC where appropriate.
- Play in sanctioned tournaments without paying the additional insurance fees.
- Play in Squash BC sanctioned leagues.
- Receive an official Squash BC ranking.
- Able to sign up on-line for tournaments, courses, and other special offers on the Squash BC web site.
- Access to officiating courses at a reduced rate.
- Eligible to represent BC on Provincial Teams in various national and international competition (ie. Elite, Masters, Juniors, Canada Winter Games.)
- Eligible to take part in Squash BC sanctioned Junior Programs and tournaments.
- Able to take coaching courses at the Squash BC member rate.
- Squash BC Newsletter sent to your email.
- Membership in Squash Canada, the World Squash Federation and able to play in sanctioned events world wide.
- By joining Squash BC you are helping squash grow.
The individual membership with Squash BC runs from Oct. 1 – Sept. 30.
The Facility / Club Membership is designed for facilities who wish to involve themselves with programs for the benefit of their business and clients.We support Squash facilities that range from large private clubs to non-profit clubs and community centres.
For more information on Facility Memberships, contact Squash BC at [email protected]
Benefits to Full Facility Members are:
- Host Sanctioned Tournaments and Leagues.
- Use Sporty HQ, a program Squash BC has partnered with to have all your club matches, box leagues, ladders and tournaments entered into Squash BC's provincial rankings.* Click Here for and Admin Help document for Sporty HQ.
- Take part in the Individual Membership Bulk Discount program. Click Here for explanation and instructions.
- Host Sanctioned Officiating and Coaching Clinics.
- Facility Members are covered by additional 3rd party liability insurance to cover all Squash BC sanctioned events including the organizing pro or volunteers of those events.
- Full voting rights at Squash BC AGM.
- Take part in Sanctioned Junior Development Programs (i.e. Training Squads or Junior Squash Pathway).
- Use Squash BC’s online registration for tournaments.*
- Post relevant information on Squash BC’s web site.*
- Distribute program and tournament information through the Squash BC Newsletter.
- Receive a free link from Squash BC’s facility page to your facility’s website.
- Receive referrals from Squash BC when new players inquire to facilities in their area.
- Have a Club/Facility listing on Squash BC web site
- Able to bid on hosting, provincial and national tournaments.
- Receive all mail from the Squash B.C. office including, entry forms for B.C. & out of province tournaments and events, Magazines, Posters, Notices and Tournament Schedule.
*indicates extra charges may be associated with this service
For A List Of Member Clubs/Facilities Please Click Here.